MDS IIS website and SQL Server DB installed on separate servers RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i´ve been trying to install MDS website in another server but with no luck!

what i´ve done:

1. Run the MDS Configurator and create a MDS DB in server A.

2. Install the MDS package included in SQL Server 2008 R2 (MasterDataServices.msi)  in server B.

3. Run the MDS Configurator in server B, select MDS DB stored in Server A and create a new website in server B with webservices enabled.

the website was created successfully but when i try to launch it, it gives me a error:

HTTP Error 404.17 - Not Found

The requested content appears to be script and will not be served by the static file handler.

<legend>Detailed Error Information</legend>
    Module StaticFileModule
    Notification ExecuteRequestHandler
    Handler StaticFile
    Error Code 0x80070032
    Requested URL http://192.168.220.90:80/default.aspx
    Physical Path C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\Master Data Services\WebApplication\default.aspx
    Logon Method Negotiate
    Logon User M11\WEBSERVER

• The request matched a wildcard mime map. The request is mapped to the static file handler. If there were different pre-conditions, the request will map to a different handler.
    • If you want to serve this content as a static file, add an explicit MIME map.

(...)

i´ve looked many possible solutions with no luck:

1. C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Windows Communication Foundation" and execute "servicemodelreg -i" to install them manually

2. enable:

• .NET Framework Version
    • Enable 32-Bit Applications
    • Managed Pipeline Mode

3.  Add or Edit Mapping in handler mappings

What can i try more ? or perhaps there´s another way to deploy the MDS website ?  Thank you

Regards

Friday, August 3, 2012 9:12 AM

Answers

• Are you using SQL 2012 MDS for the Application Server?  And if not you really should.  The back-end database can remain SQL 2008 R2.

David

David http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dbrowne/

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 6:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

i´ve been trying to install MDS website in another server but with no luck!

what i´ve done:

1. Run the MDS Configurator and create a MDS DB in server A.

2. Install the MDS package included in SQL Server 2008 R2 (MasterDataServices.msi)  in server B.

3. Run the MDS Configurator in server B, select MDS DB stored in Server A and create a new website in server B with webservices enabled.

the website was created successfully but when i try to launch it, it gives me a error:

HTTP Error 404.17 - Not Found

The requested content appears to be script and will not be served by the static file handler.

<legend>Detailed Error Information</legend>
    Module StaticFileModule
    Notification ExecuteRequestHandler
    Handler StaticFile
    Error Code 0x80070032
    Requested URL http://192.168.220.90:80/default.aspx
    Physical Path C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\Master Data Services\WebApplication\default.aspx
    Logon Method Negotiate
    Logon User M11\WEBSERVER

• The request matched a wildcard mime map. The request is mapped to the static file handler. If there were different pre-conditions, the request will map to a different handler.
      • If you want to serve this content as a static file, add an explicit MIME map.

(...)

i´ve looked many possible solutions with no luck:

1. C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Windows Communication Foundation" and execute "servicemodelreg -i" to install them manually

2. enable:

• .NET Framework Version
      • Enable 32-Bit Applications
    • Managed Pipeline Mode

3.  Add or Edit Mapping in handler mappings

What can i try more ? or perhaps there´s another way to deploy the MDS website ?  Thank you

Regards

I have similar requirement. Has any one figured this out?
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 6:47 PM
  • Are you using SQL 2012 MDS for the Application Server?  And if not you really should.  The back-end database can remain SQL 2008 R2.

David

David http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dbrowne/

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 6:56 PM