MDX Calculations/Writeback accross different dimension levels in same Measure & Writeback on certain level only RRS feed

• Question

• Good day, I need help please.

MDX Calculations/Writeback accross different dimension levels in same Measure & Writeback on certain level only

My design - LineMeasureDim: (LineType > LineMeasure > Line) with 1 Measure: LineMeasureValue

I have measures as attributes/rows in fact with 1 physical measure, Table View

Date | LineType | LineMeasure | Line | LineMeasureValue

Jan     Pre           Volume          Hist     100

Feb     Act             Budget         Bgt      200

When structure in collumns i want to add a calculation, Cube View

Date 

Line 

LineMeasure

LineMeasureValue

Firstly, How would i do a calculation to calaculate row values in collumn on different levels & structure values, meaning LinemeasureValue (all of Linetype where Jan) - where linetype Feb & line Bgt

Secondly, How would i make only certain LineMeasure editable/Writeback ?

PLease Help

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 1:07 PM

Answers

• Hi Ismailc1,

Thanks for your question.

>>>Firstly, How would i do a calculation to calaculate row values in collumn on different levels & structure values, meaning LinemeasureValue (all of Linetype where Jan) - where linetype Feb & line Bgt.
    If Measure LineMeasureValue is a physical measure, then SSAS will do this automatically. If Measure LineMeasureValue is a calculated measure, then you would have to do it manually for each level based your logic.

>>>Secondly, How would i make only certain LineMeasure editable/Writeback ?
    Unfortunately, it is not support to make only certain LineMeasure editable/Writeback currently. You can only enable or disable Writeback for the measure group.

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, February 1, 2018 4:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Ismailc1,

Thanks for your question.

>>>Firstly, How would i do a calculation to calaculate row values in collumn on different levels & structure values, meaning LinemeasureValue (all of Linetype where Jan) - where linetype Feb & line Bgt.
    If Measure LineMeasureValue is a physical measure, then SSAS will do this automatically. If Measure LineMeasureValue is a calculated measure, then you would have to do it manually for each level based your logic.

>>>Secondly, How would i make only certain LineMeasure editable/Writeback ?
    Unfortunately, it is not support to make only certain LineMeasure editable/Writeback currently. You can only enable or disable Writeback for the measure group.

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, February 1, 2018 4:38 AM
  • Thank You Willson Yuan,

Ques1: I would like to make this a calculation as part of the dimension, Jan & Feb to be a total line or how do i specifiy to add only on certain levels of the structure, Create a dimension memeber to do a Percentage but how would it aggregate if rolled up level? Example Please

Ques2: Is there a work around as the requirement is to have current month line "Feb" edit/write, Example Please?

Regards

• Edited by Ismailc1 Friday, February 2, 2018 12:45 PM
    Friday, February 2, 2018 12:45 PM
  • Thank You Willson Yuan :)
    Friday, February 9, 2018 6:30 AM