none
That Silverlight popup RRS feed

• General discussion

• Where is the option to disable the Silverlight popup from getting thrown in my face on every click of the MSDN website?

I mean... there's got to be a way to turn it off, right?

I can't imagine Microsoft would force me (through incessant nagging) to install it.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 4:57 AM

All replies

• I would pay for some way to block this hostile popup. It is driving me insane! Is there no solution?

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 3:20 AM
  • Third that. Fucking Silverlight... popups in every damn place.
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 7:23 AM
  • I use microsoft`s  homepage everyday and i wil NEVER install the silverlight! NEVER!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 12:00 PM
  • why not just install it?
    Thomas Lee
    Wednesday, August 6, 2008 1:53 PM
  • haha, Thomas why'd you make such suggestion!
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 5:57 AM
  • It's the most annoying thing.  I've looked all over, and all I can see is development instructions on CREATING a silverlight popup.  In my personal opinion, this constitutes spyware.  Thanks for another quality "enhancement" M$.  The thing is geared towards those who use their mouse cursor while reading to track the line they are on.  It pops up those ubiquitous silverlight messages whenever the mouse rolls over an embedded silverlight link of some sort.  I've trained myself not to use my mouse when reading, but it still annoys the ____ out of me.

Thomas, I interpret your post to mean "why not just [un]install it".  Microsoft, in their infinite wisdom, did not see fit to include this in "add/remove" so there is no way that I can see to uninstall it.  Just another quality in common with malware.
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 5:55 PM