none
SharePoint email-enabled Calendar, Appointments not added to calendar RRS feed

• Question

• I have one Exchange 2010 Server who forwards Emails for a certain Domain (defined in SahrePoint) via external relay domain to a smtp-server running on sharepoint foundation. Basically everything works fine re. Emails in SharePoint. But due to some misterious thing some Emails sent to some email-enabled calendar adresses in SharePoint are picked up from the drop folder but they never show up in the calender itself. There is no issue with the calendar settings, since emails sent from outside my exchagne environment go thorugh and are displayed as apiontments, e.g. from google calendar. It's just something because of the fact that I have deinfed the respective email adresses as contacts with external email adress in my Exchange Address Book. 

However, the email arrives at Sahrepoint as eml, is also picked up by shareopint but it does not show up in the calender. Also, if I set up a distribution group in Exchange and addd the respective contact as a member, it works for sharepoint than, the calendar event is added to sharepoint. From what I can see when I look into the eml file it looks like:

-------------------8<--------------------------------

x-sender: name.surname@company.de
    x-receiver: urlaub@spf.company.net
    Received: from ex1.company.intra ([192.168.0.6]) by spf.company.net with Microsoft SMTPSVC(7.5.7601.17514);
    Wed, 28 Nov 2012 15:30:14 +0100
    Received: from EX1.company.intra ([::1]) by ex1.company.intra ([::1]) with
     mapi id 14.01.0421.002; Wed, 28 Nov 2012 15:30:14 +0100
    Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
    boundary="_000_7988CB77995A7441A568C7FE4FE047020D531906ex1companyintra_"
    To: Urlaub Company Contact <urlaub@spf.company.net>
    Subject: ttt
    Thread-Topic: ttt

----------------------->8----------------------------

urlaub@spf.company.net is specified as the recipient email address of the email-enabled calendar. Does anyone see some mistake in that Email-Header part? What does SharePoint use as reference, the x-receiver or To: part of the mail?

Any suggestions?

Kind regards, Dieter

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 2:48 PM

All replies

• if I assign the email-address in charge to an email-enabled folder instead of a calendar it works fine. But still not for calendar. If I assign a not addressbook defined email address to the calendar list and send an email to it by writeing the email address manually, it also works for the calendar..... just not these global exchange address book contacts.
    Wednesday, November 28, 2012 3:17 PM