none
Start Menu items missing under Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Trevor, here is someone else having this problems:

- in adminstrator mode in Windows 7,

- visual studio express installed,

- run installation wizard for Microsoft Robotics Developer

but no entry in the start menu and no files in the program folder - just files in the Documents folder.

(I do have this problem with the older version 2008 and also with the new release 4 version.)

I tried the installation on an older Windows XP-Computer. It works fine, but the Computer is to slow.

Are there any new ideas for installation on Windows 7 ?

Are there any parameters which may prevent the program files to be copied?

Many thanks

Alex

• Split by Trevor Taylor Thursday, March 8, 2012 3:13 PM Attached to an old post
    Thursday, March 8, 2012 10:00 AM

Answers

• We have not been able to reproduce this problem internally if this is still a problem for you please answer the questions above and we will investigate further.
    Monday, March 26, 2012 9:12 PM

All replies

• Firstly, you will notice that I split your post into a separate thread. It is not a good idea to add to the end of an answered thread because it might not get any attention.

Secondly, Forums are intended for general discussion and there is no guarantee that you will get a particular person so it is best not to refer to people by name unless you have a very specific question. For example, I will not be answering these forums much longer.

To answer your quetion - We have had a couple of reports of this problem but we have not been able to reproduce it so there is no way to figure out what is going wrong. Can you uninstall and re-install?

RDS does not place any files under Program Files. All of the files go under the User's personal folder, i.e. it is a per-user installation. (A few binary files are added to the Global Assembly Cache, but that is a different issue).

Trevor

Thursday, March 8, 2012 3:28 PM
  • Alex,

I am sorry you are having this problem. 

Can you confirm:

1. Did you modify any of the default install parameters (i.e. install directory)
    2. uninstall/re-install does not help
    3. Files are correctly installed to the target directory

Thanks,

Gershon

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 5:18 PM
  • We have not been able to reproduce this problem internally if this is still a problem for you please answer the questions above and we will investigate further.
    Monday, March 26, 2012 9:12 PM