none
C# Class (DLL) problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I followed the instructions from http://p2p.wrox.com/classic-asp-basics/77007-solution-impersonation-classic-asp.html and created a class (dll) to attempt ASP impersonation.

I was able to run "regasm Impersonate.dll /tlb" per the instructions and it created a .tlb file where my dll is located (on my local machine).  

However, my test was unsuccessful on my local machine (not sure why...IIS issue perhaps?) so I was going to attempt this from a web server, however the server does not have Visual Studio installed so I do not know how to register the dll?  Is it possible?  If so, how?  

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 10:50 PM

Answers

• Hi sncsurfer,

>>however the server does not have Visual Studio installed so I do not know how to register the dll?  Is it possible?  If so, how?

Have you installed .Net Framework? if you've installed .NET 3.5.  Check the C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ directory.

Or  check C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319

Here is my screenshot.

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 7:27 AM