How to catch correctly unhandle exception RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I am running a Windows  store app under vs2013 using c# and WPF.

During application runtime in a particular scenario I am running into an unhandle exception that I am not abel to catch and debugger did not stop in any line of my code.

The picture bellow show that message :

And their is no real information of what is going on .

IN eveent logger this is the only info I have :

Faulting application name: Explosive SimplyTrack.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56557747
    Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.10240.16548, time stamp: 0x5613361e
    Exception code: 0xc000027b
    Fault offset: 0x0066b78c
    Faulting process id: 0x9e0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d1276b432f3842
    Faulting application path: D:\_DEV\_CloudTFSService\Explosive SimplyTrack\Explosive SimplyTrack\bin\x86\Release\AppX\Explosive SimplyTrack.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll
    Report Id: 7e202f2d-e0bb-4640-8b5c-bfe39b4f3de1
    Faulting package full name: Solatys.40522B2D04E98_1.1.0.36_x86__b8ggbkc93fkvc
    Faulting package-relative application ID: App

how to track this unhandle exception in code in order to stop debugger and get more information ?

regards

• Edited by wakefun Wednesday, November 25, 2015 10:58 AM
    Wednesday, November 25, 2015 10:54 AM

Answers

• The faulting module being

Windows.UI.Xaml.dll

Says it's windows rt to me.

How exactly is wpf involved?

I would usually have 4 global error handlers which trapped unhandled errors and they serialise the last error and full stack trace to disk as well as to the computer log.

AppDomain.CurrentDomain.UnhandledException
    Dispatcher.UnhandledException
    Application.Current.DispatcherUnhandledException
    TaskScheduler.UnobservedTaskException

Hope that helps.

Technet articles: WPF: MVVM Step 1; All my Technet Articles

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 1:06 PM

All replies

• The faulting module being

Windows.UI.Xaml.dll

Says it's windows rt to me.

How exactly is wpf involved?

I would usually have 4 global error handlers which trapped unhandled errors and they serialise the last error and full stack trace to disk as well as to the computer log.

AppDomain.CurrentDomain.UnhandledException
    Dispatcher.UnhandledException
    Application.Current.DispatcherUnhandledException
    TaskScheduler.UnobservedTaskException

Hope that helps.

Technet articles: WPF: MVVM Step 1; All my Technet Articles

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 1:06 PM
  • In addition, you cannot use the WinRT assemlies without using the Runtime. If you develop on WPF, don't go using WinRT.
    Wednesday, November 25, 2015 1:32 PM
  • >>I am running a Windows  store app under vs2013 using c# and WPF.

Windows Store Apps and WPF desktop applications are two diferent kind of applications. Questions related to Windows Store Apps should be asked in the following forum: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wpdevelop/threads

Please refer to the following page at the official Windows blog for more information about understanding and resolving failures in Windows Store Apps:

Understanding and resolving failures in Windows Store apps: https://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2014/01/20/understanding-and-resolving-failures-in-windows-store-apps/

>>How to catch correctly unhandle exception

Use try/catch blocks in your code as suggested in the above blog post.

The following page on MSDN should also be helpful:

Start a debugging session for a Store app in Visual Studio (VB, C#, C++ and XAML): https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh781607.aspx

Hope that helps.

Please remember to close your threads by marking helpful posts as answer and then start a new thread in an appropriate forum if you have a new question. Please don't ask several questions in the same thread.

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 4:20 PM