Sharepoint Workflow built using Sharepoint Designer not starting automatically for one site but works for another. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a created two sites

server/sites/business_process/material_review

and server/sites/business_process/travel_expense and built two different workflows using Sharepoint designer. both use collect data from user with a pause of 1 minute and are similar in flow.

the material review workflows kick off automatically when I submit an infopath form but not the one for travel expense...as early as last month both worked and the travel expense just stopped and now the material review doesn't send emails.

i am puzzled and am not sure how to proceed....based on similar errors changing the user name for the declarative worklow should help (haven't tried it yet) but that would cause all workflows to not start correct?

thank you

S R SP

Monday, October 31, 2011 2:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Did the changes of user name resolve that problem?

From your narration, the two workflows both worked fine before last month. Did you make any changes to these workfows? Just like add a group without proper permissions which may cause workflow stop sending emails.

If you don't make any changes, this issue may due to the timer job corrupted. You can try to delete the cache files under C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\SharePoint\Config\<guid>\ to fix it. Please do this with the steps mentioned in the following article. By the way, you should also make you are not using a system account when you want a workflow start automatically.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939308

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pengyu Zhao

• Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Friday, November 4, 2011 5:46 AM
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 4:01 AM