Moving Crystal report... RRS feed

• Question

• User-1971827070 posted

Hello guys, suppose we an asp application that has different version , one the works on sql server and the other works on oracle. Giving that the database structure, procedures parameters are exactly both on the same. If move an crystal report file for sql server application to the oracle application, would there be a problem? do I need to do anything extra?

Monday, March 5, 2012 11:08 AM

Answers

• User-1971827070 posted

thanks man, that should be a problem as I'm doing this for a customer and I don't have oracle database installed (only sql server) at the moment and can't get one soon too :(... is there any other way ?

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, March 5, 2012 12:58 PM
  • User-236691393 posted

I don't think you should have anyother problem other than you get Oracle and have similar database schema.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* If my post solves your problem, please mark as answer.

Monday, March 5, 2012 5:33 PM

All replies

• User-236691393 posted

There should not be any problem with it however you need to change the provider in crystal reports.

DATABASE--->SET DATABASE LOCATION ---> CREATE NEW LOCATION --->OLEDB(ADO) ---->Microsoft OLEDB Provider for ORACLE.

and 

In C# Code if you are referencing SQL SERVER connection like connection string and database name.

Apart from that, everything should be good.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, March 5, 2012 12:56 PM
  • User-1971827070 posted

thanks man, that should be a problem as I'm doing this for a customer and I don't have oracle database installed (only sql server) at the moment and can't get one soon too :(... is there any other way ?

Monday, March 5, 2012 12:58 PM
  • User-236691393 posted

I don't think you should have anyother problem other than you get Oracle and have similar database schema.

Monday, March 5, 2012 5:33 PM