none
error in using the Ionic.zip RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i am a newbie to C#. I have been trying to work with compression algorithms and when I use the statement in " using Ionic.zip;" then the program seems it doesnt recognise the what it is and when I use zip.ExtractAll or ZipFile() methods it wont recognise and shows in red underline. When I hover my pointer on the ZipFile() it says the namespace Ionic.zip is missing some assemblies or directories. What should I do 

Thanks!!

Dave K

Monday, June 14, 2010 9:16 PM

Answers

• Ionic.zip is not a member of .Net. This forum is not a good place to discuss class libraries. Visit dotnetzip.codeplex.com if you need help in using the class library in question.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    • Marked as answer by SamAgain Tuesday, June 15, 2010 6:11 AM
    Monday, June 14, 2010 10:06 PM
  • nevermind I had linked the resource Ionic.Zip.dll to it manually ...thanks!
    Monday, June 14, 2010 10:44 PM

All replies

• Ionic.zip is not a member of .Net. This forum is not a good place to discuss class libraries. Visit dotnetzip.codeplex.com if you need help in using the class library in question.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Monday, June 14, 2010 10:06 PM
  • nevermind I had linked the resource Ionic.Zip.dll to it manually ...thanks!
    Monday, June 14, 2010 10:44 PM