none
Debugging SharePoint-Hosted Add-ins w/ Visual Studio and Maintaining URL During Debugging Stop/Start Process RRS feed

• Question

• I am developing a SharePoint-hosted add-in on my own self-contained development environment. This add-in does not access any outside (cross-domain, or anything outside of itself). Using Visual Studio, I test it by clicking start. I know I can make changes to script files and such while running. BUT if I have to stop the debugging process, add new files, and start again, all the saves to my lists and libraries go away. This is because it changes the URL each time due to uninstalling and installing. I have tried changing the version number in the manifest file (from 1.0.0.0 to 1.1.0.0) but with no luck. The articles mentioning upgrading (not sure they pertain to me), I have read but do not go into a step-by-step process.

Any help would be great! TIA.

Thursday, April 20, 2017 8:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please go to your list instance in SharePoint hosted add-in solution, and set the "Deployment Conflict Resolution" to "None" in Properties settings, by default is "Prompt".

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Ogrehulk Monday, April 24, 2017 2:28 PM
    Sunday, April 23, 2017 3:02 AM