none
ReportViewer - Show Entire Report Despite Number of Pages RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all,

I have a request by my client to display report server reports in their web application.   I am planning on using a report viewer control to do so, but they have a bit of an odd request.  Even though the report spans multiple pages, they are requesting that I make the entire report show on only 1 page.  In other words, if the report is 15 pages, they want ALL fifteen pages to display upon the report request.

Any suggestions on how to get this done?  I was looking into other posts and saw how one person was trying to save the report directly to their hard disk by calling Report.Render into a FileStream.  Would I be able to do the same in a text stream?  Is there a better way to do this. 

These are the basic parameters:

1)  Entire report must display on 1 page.
    2)  Must use report (cant just attack a gridview to the same datasource.

Thanks!

N
    Database Engineer
    Thursday, July 10, 2008 10:53 PM

All replies

• that is an odd request, and it's too bad, since the user probably won't really use the feature very much, and sending it to a gridview definately would of been the easiest method.

Hmmm,  ummm, I haven't tried this before, but what if you make the interactive size of the report a lot bigger.  Not the page size, just the interactive size.  Isn't this what the viewer looks at when rendering to the window?  I can't remember for sure.
    Living my life at 123mph in 11.15 seconds
    Friday, July 11, 2008 1:39 PM