none
Visual Studio Marketplace Code Examples

Question

• Extensions from the Visual Studio Extension Gallery are being/have been migrated to the Visual Studio Marketplace. The description body of my extension (https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=AndyLamb.ExpressionDebugVisualizer) includes some code examples as supported by the extension edit page. The code examples aren't rendered correctly when displayed on the Visual Studio Marketplace. Is there a new mechanism for displaying code examples on the Visual Studio Marketplace? The edit button still links to the old Extension Gallery edit page.
    Monday, November 21, 2016 10:26 PM

Answers

• Hi Andy,

Sorry for my understanding for this issue.

>>Will the Marketplace web pages be 'fix' so code examples are rendered correctly?
    Or will code examples be removed from the Edit page, and not supported at all?

Actually this forum is to discuss the VS IDE usage, we don't really support the Marketplace site, but I could provide you a path for you if you want to report this issue to the product team.

I help you submit it here:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedbackdetail/view/3113059/visual-studio-marketplace-code-examples

If possible, you could post a comment and vote this connect report.

Sincerely,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 24, 2016 7:56 AM

All replies

• Hi Andy Lamb,

>>The code examples aren't rendered correctly when displayed on the Visual Studio Marketplace. Is there a new mechanism for displaying code examples on the Visual Studio Marketplace? The edit button still links to the old Extension Gallery edit page.

It really has no this feature now, but you can provide a good suggestion for it.

Two suggestions:

(1) Just add a "User Reviews" under that extension tool, you could add your comment and suggestion there, I think the extension tool team members would see your feature request.

(2) You could also submit a feature request for all extension tools in the product user voice site:

https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio-ide

You could share it if you submit it, so other community members also could vote it for you.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 11:15 AM
  • Thanks for your reply Jack, but I think you're misunderstanding me. I am the publisher of that extension, I was just using it as an example of a wider problem between the Visual Studio Marketplace, the old Visual Studio Extension Gallery and the Edit page for extensions that appear in both.

On the Visual Studio Marketplace, code examples aren't rendered correctly. The same extension viewed via the Visual Studio Extension Gallery has the code examples rendered correctly.

Extension Gallery: https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/5bd20501-57d9-4fa3-b655-b5934ea9c3e6?redir=0

Marketplace: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=AndyLamb.ExpressionDebugVisualizer

The edit page for the extension also renders the code examples correctly.

Will the Marketplace web pages be 'fix' so code examples are rendered correctly?

Thanks,

Andy.

• Edited by Andy Lamb Tuesday, November 22, 2016 1:45 PM
    Tuesday, November 22, 2016 1:14 PM
  • Hi Andy,

Sorry for my understanding for this issue.

>>Will the Marketplace web pages be 'fix' so code examples are rendered correctly?

Actually this forum is to discuss the VS IDE usage, we don't really support the Marketplace site, but I could provide you a path for you if you want to report this issue to the product team.

I help you submit it here:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedbackdetail/view/3113059/visual-studio-marketplace-code-examples

If possible, you could post a comment and vote this connect report.

Sincerely,

Jack

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, November 24, 2016 7:56 AM
  • Thanks Jack, I've up-voted and commented on the Connect report.
    I couldn't find a forum specifically for the Marketplace and decided this forum was the closest fit.
    Thursday, November 24, 2016 9:31 AM
  • You are welcome, Andy:)

If possible, would you please mark my previous reply as the provisional answer? So other community members who also have the same feedbacks or suggestions could find this connect report in time and help you vote that report. Of course, I will also help you follow up that connect report.

Thank you for your support and co-operation.

Have a nice day,

Jack

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, November 24, 2016 11:29 AM
  • The Connect report was closed as 'External' meaning they don't think it's there problem to fix.

I'm not sure where to go from here. If a feature supported in 'Edit' mode for an extension's page isn't supported in the standard view of an extension's page, then who's problem is it?

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 9:42 AM
  • @Andy,

One idea is that you could submit a feature request here for Visual Studio Marketplace:

https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/331878-visual-studio-marketplace

Other members also submitted some feature request for this site, so it would be a better supported site.

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 10:01 AM