none
Xaml Intellisense

Question

• Hi all.

I have an issue with Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 support for Xaml Intellisense.

I used to work in Visual Studio 2015 Update 2 and was able to install an extension called "Enable Xaml language for Xamarin.Forms" and it was working perfectly, however in the update 3 I am not able to find this extension anymore. Moreover, I found out that there is another extension "Xamarin.Forms Intellisense" available from MobileEssentials library, but I don't see it in the list of available extensions either...

Is it a problem with VS 2015 Update 3, and is there a workaround? Or I should wait when they make the extensions available for last update?

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, January 5, 2017 10:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Constantin Oleinic,

“Enable Xaml language for Xamarin.Forms” and "Xamarin.Forms Intellisense" could not be searched in VS market. But I have searched another extension for Xaml Intellisense, I am not sure whether it is helpful for you, please refer to the following screenshot:

>>Is it a problem with VS 2015 Update 3, and is there a workaround? Or I should wait when they make the extensions available for last update?

Because these extensions are 3td, so we need to wait for updating in latest VS2015.

But as far as I know, Intellisense is enabled in VS by default. Please refer to the following screenshot:

Hope it helpful for you.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 6, 2017 3:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Constantin Oleinic,

“Enable Xaml language for Xamarin.Forms” and "Xamarin.Forms Intellisense" could not be searched in VS market. But I have searched another extension for Xaml Intellisense, I am not sure whether it is helpful for you, please refer to the following screenshot:

>>Is it a problem with VS 2015 Update 3, and is there a workaround? Or I should wait when they make the extensions available for last update?

Because these extensions are 3td, so we need to wait for updating in latest VS2015.

But as far as I know, Intellisense is enabled in VS by default. Please refer to the following screenshot:

Hope it helpful for you.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 6, 2017 3:15 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.
    It didn't work until I uninstalled VS, all the components and reset user settings, and then reinstall a clean, latest version.

That's probably because I messed up some settings, so my fault really.

The Xaml Intellisense Presenter works perfectly so far though.

Friday, January 6, 2017 10:04 AM
  • Hi Constantin Oleinic,

Glad to know you have resolved this issue and thank you for sharing a solution here, which could be helpful for others who has the same issue as yours.

Have a nice day :)

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support

Monday, January 9, 2017 1:54 AM