trouble with Visual studio 2013 to setting up SharePoint development environment for Access 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am new about building APPs.

How do I set up a development environment for Access 2013 APPs with the latest "Visual studio 2013 Ultimate preview". without installing SharePoint 2013.

Is the list below what I should prepare, and How?

• Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2013 (It seems included in visual studio 2013)
    • SharePoint Client Components (containing the client assemblies)

• Windows Identity Foundation (WIF) SDK

• Workflow Tools SDK and Workflow Client SDK

• Windows Identity Foundation SDK and Windows Identity Foundation Extensions.

Thank you!

• Moved by Cindy Meister MVP Tuesday, September 3, 2013 7:06 AM not using VSTO technology
    Tuesday, September 3, 2013 2:01 AM

Answers

• Hi David,

To develop Access 2013 web app, you need have Access 2013 installed on your development machine and SharePoint 2013 installed on another machine or server.

If you don’t want to install SharePoint 2013, I recommend you using SharePoint Online.

Open Access and choose Custom web app:

For more information, please refer article How to: Create and customize a web app in Access 2013.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Edited by Jeffrey_Chen_ Thursday, September 5, 2013 1:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by David Zhan Saturday, September 7, 2013 2:43 PM
    Thursday, September 5, 2013 1:56 PM