Forwarding user credentials to Silverlight RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a SL4 application created from the Business Application template. This application uses the default ASP.NET membership provider.

We have a blog at wordpress.org for this product we are developing, and I would like to provide a seeamless integration between the blog and the silverlight app.

One of the things I would like to do is to provide a login/password control on the home page of the blog (maybe this control could be a silverlight control also), but the point is that the user can log in form the home page and them (if log in is OK) navigate automatically to my silverlight business application directly to its custom page (full screen, custom interface, etc). No need to log in again.

I was thinking how could I pass the log in credentials from the blog control to the silverlight applicaiton?

I would apreciate any suggestions you might give to improve the user experience.

Regards,

Igor.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:09 PM

Answers

• There are more then one option.

* Use QueryString while calling the query;

* Use Web service to store the credentials in the session and retrieve it from the session in the second window;

* Use init parameters of the SL applicaiton object and pass the values from one page to another

* Use cookies

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 11:23 PM