Error: Could not copy the file because it was not found RRS feed

• Question

• I am not sure how to proceed to get past the error:  Error 2 Could not copy the file "C:\Users\John\Documents\Visual Studio 11\Projects\Tracker2\Tracker2\Client\Bin\Release\Tracker2.Client.xap" because it was not found. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\LightSwitch\v2.0\Microsoft.LightSwitch.targets 114 10 Tracker2

Double-clicking takes me to an entry in Microsoft.Lightswitch.targets.

Any help appreciated!

Thursday, May 23, 2013 1:00 AM

Answers

• I got past this error by putting a copy of the missing file, Tracker2.Client.xap, in the location it was wanting it to be.  I got the copy from an older version of the application.  This allowed me to get past that error and on to errors I could fix. 

The root cause of this error was my mistake.  I added a column to a table in the external database and attempted to refresh  the Lightswitch datasource.  Since I only changed one table, I deselected all the other tables.  Don't do this!  It dropped the tables  along with any added queries, columns, relationships or screen data items.

Friday, May 24, 2013 7:09 PM

All replies

• I got past this error by putting a copy of the missing file, Tracker2.Client.xap, in the location it was wanting it to be.  I got the copy from an older version of the application.  This allowed me to get past that error and on to errors I could fix. 

The root cause of this error was my mistake.  I added a column to a table in the external database and attempted to refresh  the Lightswitch datasource.  Since I only changed one table, I deselected all the other tables.  Don't do this!  It dropped the tables  along with any added queries, columns, relationships or screen data items.

Friday, May 24, 2013 7:09 PM
  • Hi!

I found your post because i had similar problem, but i managed to solve my problem simple by removing the 

<_BuildFile Include="xxxxxxx">
          <SubFolder>
          </SubFolder>
          <PublishType>
          </PublishType>
        </_BuildFile>

from the .isproj  file.Than it doesnt ask for the file i deleted.

Maybe it helps someone...

• Edited by DarioOs81 Tuesday, December 24, 2013 8:51 AM removed folder/file name
    Tuesday, December 24, 2013 8:50 AM