none
Setting the OS version number? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working on migrating our device to use Windows Embedded Standard 7 (previously we released on XP Embedded). One thing which I am not seeing is how to set the version number for a given OS build. In XP Embedded there was the "Runtime OEM version" which was exposed as an environment variable which served this niche. 

I'm not seeing anything which appears to map directly in the ICE. OEMInformation -> Model is the closest I've seen. 

Anyone have insight as to where I should set the version number for our OS build?

Thanks!

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 3:24 PM

All replies

• The actual registry key that was set in XPe was HKLM\System\ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager\Environment\RUNTIMEOEMREV. You could create a synchronous command that adds the registry key with version number via the answer file in ICE.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 4:25 PM
  • That's a bit hacky. I mean I can do it like that but I'd like to know what the Right Way to version an OS build is for WES7. 
    Tuesday, May 28, 2013 5:14 PM
  • There is nothing in the OEM settings that provide an equivalent options. The hacky method is all I got.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 10:32 PM
  • There is nothing in the OEM settings that provide an equivalent options. The hacky method is all I got.

Fair enough. Seems a bit odd though. I mean identifying the build we've deployed doesn't seem like a corner case -- seems as though this is really "center line" functionality.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. 

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 10:47 PM
  • I do this with the machine model property that shows up in "computer -> properties"

In ICE, this is product --> Shell_setup -> OEMInformation 

Is that good enough for you?

=^x^=

Monday, June 17, 2013 4:22 AM