Monitor health with Azure Monitor RRS feed

• Question

• Can Azure Monitor do the following?

1.By periodically executing WebAPI by Azure Monitor, it is checked that the service (API Management etc.) is operating normally.

2.Monitor logs in storage   Can Azure Monitor check the contents of the log by regular expression etc. and send an alert by e-mail?

Also,Can "Azure Security Center" do it?

• Edited by Dsugi Tuesday, July 25, 2017 1:56 AM
    Friday, May 26, 2017 6:05 AM

All replies

• Azure Security Center can't be used for that kind of monitoring. It can give you recommendation for security and monitor and detect security issues.

On other hand, Azure Monitor can be used for that and it does more than you ask for. It doesn't periodically check your service, it does real time monitoring. Also, it doesn't check logs, all logs must pass by monitoring first. You can create metric alerts and get email notification( and or use webhook) within seconds of potential issue.

Mustafa Toroman, Azure MVP

Friday, May 26, 2017 7:04 AM
  • 1.I want to check that a service(API Management etc) is operating normally by the Azure Monitor.

I will check the following.

- Azure Monitor executes the health check api of the service.

- Azure Monitor executes per 5 minutes.

- When the  health check api returns 500 error etc, Azure Monitor sends alert mail for me.

2.I want to realize the following monitoring by Azure Monitor.

-Azure Monitor checks the log file in the Azure storage.

-When the log file contains "ERROR" string,Azure Monitor sends alert mail to me.

-Azure Monitor checks log file per 5 minutes.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 12:45 AM
  • I did not understand it even by looking at the following page.

https://docs.microsoft.com/ja-jp/azure/api-management/api-management-howto-use-azure-monitor

Wednesday, June 7, 2017 1:38 AM