none
How to create Standard 7 image or to find the tutorial/demo? RRS feed

• Question

• I used to work on XP Embedded. Now we moved to Standard 7 and purchased the Windows Embedded Standard 7 Tool Kit and installed on my laptop computer with Windows 7 Professional platform.

I read the documents from Help but I still did not get point how to create Windows Embedded Standard 7 image on my target board, which has Intel Adom Z5 chip set on it. I ran TAP.exe on the target board and generated a device.pmq file. Then I opened ICE to create a Answer file and imported the device.pmq to the answer file. And validate it. and save it.

But there are several questions regarding how to create the WES 7 image after above steps. Do I need to add (or miss) any feature set or packages in the Answer file? Do I have to add the Adom chipset and graphics drivers from Out-of-Box drivers under Intel folder? Do I have to add the Thin Clien template?

Once above Answer file finished (configuration file), what is next to generate the real image to deploy on to my target? 

I wonder if some one can provide more detail information regarding the demo/sample of creating Standard 7 image.

Bill

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 4:26 AM

All replies