How long will completed task be kept? RRS feed

• Question

• I have an active job and a finished task. According batch limit document, "Completed tasks persist for seven days".

But shown as below, my completed task has been kept for almost a month. My question is completed task will be kept by the limit of the time( I know not 7 days), or the numbers of completed tasks or kept forever until script/program delete it?

Thank you

Saturday, October 5, 2019 12:10 AM

Answers

• The data for completed tasks (the files on the node) will be kept for 7 days (by default, provided you're using the latest REST API/SDK versions).

The actual task itself has no maximum lifetime. It could exist in the system for years, although we recommend periodically deleting tasks as otherwise if you are running lots of them in the same job it can get time-consuming to query them all (which is generally a common operation to check job status, etc).

Hope that helps,

-Matt

Saturday, October 5, 2019 12:20 AM

All replies

• The data for completed tasks (the files on the node) will be kept for 7 days (by default, provided you're using the latest REST API/SDK versions).

The actual task itself has no maximum lifetime. It could exist in the system for years, although we recommend periodically deleting tasks as otherwise if you are running lots of them in the same job it can get time-consuming to query them all (which is generally a common operation to check job status, etc).

Hope that helps,

-Matt

Saturday, October 5, 2019 12:20 AM
  • Thank you very much Matt.
    Friday, October 11, 2019 2:58 AM