none
JIT debugger error in Outlook 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• My Dell laptop hasn't been used as the primary computer for almost a year and had no problems before.  Now I am getting an error in Outlook 2003 (Windows XP SP3) while in the send/receive function. It happens 3 out of 4 times I open Outlook and will eventually error out at some point if Outlook opens successfully.  The first error message: Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.  process id 0x60c (1548) Thread id=0x768 (1896). 

Given the option to quit (which closes the program) or retry to start the debugger, the next error message pups up: Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of f0x2(2). Please check computer setting   cordbg.exe!a 0x60c.

(The last time I got this message the process id and thread id in the 2nd paragraph were different, and the computer settings in the 3rd paragaph were different.)

The final screen says: Click or retry to have the process wait while attaching a debugger manually.  Click on cancel to abort the JIT debug request.

I have searched for days and have found no answers that would point me in the direction to correct this.  Is anyone having a similar problem that can give me a solution?  I am not a computer genius but I can follow directions.  This is not affecting any other programs in Windows.

Thanks in advance!! 

Friday, August 20, 2010 4:01 PM

Answers