none
What is the maximum number of rows that there can be in a Microsoft Word Table? RRS feed

• Question

• What is the maximum number of rows that there can be in a Microsoft Word Table?

I am working on an app where I may have to have a table that has more than 62,000 rows.  Will this cause any problem?

Lewis D. Eigen

Sunday, April 15, 2018 9:54 PM

Answers

• Hi LDEigen,

You had asked,"What is the maximum number of rows that there can be in a Microsoft Word Table"

You can add 32767 rows in one table in Word Document.

Other thing you had asked,"I am working on an app where I may have to have a table that has more than 62,000 rows.  Will this cause any problem?"

You cannot add 62000 rows in single table. You can try to add multiple tables.

But here I want to inform you that, These much numbers of rows will make Word application very slow.

The performance of word application will too low.

If you have 62000 rows of data then you need to use Excel Application to store and manage the data.

It can work very efficiently with good performance. You can easily store 62000 rows of data in Excel Sheet.

So you can try to think about your approach and move further to fulfil your requirement.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 16, 2018 2:14 AM

All replies

• Hi LDEigen,

You had asked,"What is the maximum number of rows that there can be in a Microsoft Word Table"

You can add 32767 rows in one table in Word Document.

Other thing you had asked,"I am working on an app where I may have to have a table that has more than 62,000 rows.  Will this cause any problem?"

You cannot add 62000 rows in single table. You can try to add multiple tables.

But here I want to inform you that, These much numbers of rows will make Word application very slow.

The performance of word application will too low.

If you have 62000 rows of data then you need to use Excel Application to store and manage the data.

It can work very efficiently with good performance. You can easily store 62000 rows of data in Excel Sheet.

So you can try to think about your approach and move further to fulfil your requirement.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 16, 2018 2:14 AM
  • Actually, this is disappointing in one sense as we hoped to be able to have tables with over 60k rows.  But thanks to your response, we will have to go back to the drawing board and figure things out.

But thanks for resolving this for us so promptly.

Lewis D. Eigen

Monday, April 16, 2018 2:44 AM