none
Data Compare Results to Excel

Question

• Thank you for taking the time to read my question.

I am new to SQL and to Visual Studio. I have Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate installed on my PC and am using the Data Compare functionality (under the Data menu) to compare 2 databases.

In my project we have a data set that we are uploading into a new program and I have been tasked with making sure all the data gets into the new program. What I'm doing is loading Source Data into DB1 and a download from the new program into DB 2. I've made my table structures the same and so can use the Data Compare functionality in Visual Studio and it's working great!

What I need to do is pass the results on to the data owners for analysis (I don't want to use VS to make the data sets the same). I am wondering if there is a way to take the results of the 4 tabs (Different Records, Only in Source, Only in Target, Identical Records) and put them in Excel. My test data sets are very small so a simple copy and paste can be done, but the actual data set will have a lot of records.

Question: Is there a way to Export the data in the 4 tabs to Excel? I have searched on line for the past 2 days but have not come up with anything.

Thanks,
    Brad

Saturday, December 12, 2015 4:48 PM

Answers