How to Upload a file and save in Database Sql server through Lightswitch vs 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• How to Upload a file and save in Database Sql server through Lightswitch vs 2013
    • Moved by Kristin Xie Tuesday, November 18, 2014 2:45 AM
    Monday, November 17, 2014 7:38 AM

Answers

• Hi mitts.lavanya,

If you want to upload files in binary format and store them in the database, like a Word document or PDF file or any other file containing unstructured data. Please refer to Matt's blog below.

How Do I: Import and Store a Data File

Please let me if there is anything that I can do to help.

Best regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Friday, November 28, 2014 2:19 AM
    Monday, November 24, 2014 6:48 AM

All replies

• Proposed as answer by chanmmMVP Monday, November 17, 2014 10:02 AM
    Monday, November 17, 2014 10:01 AM
  • Hi,

First of all thanks for post, nice article but here i have one problem, actually

Iam using this code to upload, But i need to insert the file in SqlServer 2012

myapp.ViewContractorHome.ResumeUpload_render = function (element, contentItem) {

var fileinput = $('<input name="file" type="file" style="margin-bottom: 10px;" />');

$(element).append(fileinput);

};

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 4:19 AM
  • Hi mitts.lavanya,

If you want to upload files in binary format and store them in the database, like a Word document or PDF file or any other file containing unstructured data. Please refer to Matt's blog below.

How Do I: Import and Store a Data File

Please let me if there is anything that I can do to help.

Best regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Friday, November 28, 2014 2:19 AM
    Monday, November 24, 2014 6:48 AM