TFS 2010 Branching Error on Label TF10169 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I can't create a branch in TFS; when I try to branch the code in $/MainCode to $/BranchCode, using a label as the source, I get this error:

TF10169: Unsupported pending change attempted on team project folder $/BranchCode. Use the Project Creation Wizard in Team Explorer to create a project or the Team Project deletion tool to delete one.

Why would I need to create or delete a project? Both $/MainCode and $/BranchCode exist....... I don't get this.

Thanks.

http://linkedin.com/in/brianmains
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 4:20 PM

Answers

• Hi bmains,

Thanks for posting the issue here!

Please perform the following and see if it helps:

In the your collection database, open the tbl_Version table and within this table you will find that these folders were referenced in the fullpath (ie if the folder was called ‘FolderThatWontGoAway’ in Team Explorer, then this was ‘$/FolderThatWontGoAway’ in the database. By simply changing the deletionId column in the row of this item to a valid deletionId value (value other than 0) the problem was fixed.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Cathy Kong [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 2:24 AM

All replies

• Hi bmains,

Thanks for posting the issue here!

Please perform the following and see if it helps:

In the your collection database, open the tbl_Version table and within this table you will find that these folders were referenced in the fullpath (ie if the folder was called ‘FolderThatWontGoAway’ in Team Explorer, then this was ‘$/FolderThatWontGoAway’ in the database. By simply changing the deletionId column in the row of this item to a valid deletionId value (value other than 0) the problem was fixed.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Cathy Kong [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 2:24 AM
  • First off this table has every file in the project so what are you supposed to do update thousands of records?

What does his situation have to do with deleting all he is trying to do is create another branch?

Friday, December 13, 2013 8:34 PM