none
Cannot detect CF card during installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, i am currently trying the Windows embedded 7 standard image buider wizard on the target device itself. This is on a bootable usb drive that is attached. I am trying to install WES7 on to a CF card that is on IDE-CF converter but during installation, setup does not see this CF card?
    Friday, October 21, 2011 1:30 AM

All replies

• Is the CF card visible to the BIOS as a primary hard drive?

What is the target system make and model? What is the make and model of the CF card?

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Friday, October 21, 2011 2:43 AM
  • Hi Sean,

The CF card can be seen as the 1st hard disk drive as: SATA: SM-Sandisk SDCFX-016G

The target system is running Intel Atom D525... The CF card is Sandisk Extreme 16GB compact flash 60MB/s UDMA.

• Edited by comis Friday, October 21, 2011 5:19 AM update des
    Friday, October 21, 2011 5:18 AM
  • Maybe you can try to install a windows 7 to the CF card. If it is failed , please think about replacing this ID-CF converter

I think that the ID-CF converter have some problems.  

Friday, October 28, 2011 3:49 AM
  • If you boot to WinPE, can you run diskpart to partition and format the drive. Just trying to understand why the installer isn't seeing the driver.

One more thing, I have been using CF cards from WinSystems, Transend, and WesterDigital in past projects. I know these work. SanDisk might be a tricky brand to use for an embedded system.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET
    Friday, October 28, 2011 5:03 AM