none
MSDN Ultimate subscription for Azure RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am using my MSDN premium subscription yet to expire in Sep. 2011. When I try to activate my Azure free trial from myaccount page on my msdn subscription it ask for Credit Card No. Is it the correct link I am following ? or it is must to punch a credit card no for MSDN subscribers to start it first trial of Azure account?

Nilkantrh Desai

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 1:53 AM

Answers

• you are required to provide a credit card or the MSDN subscription benefits. This is because unlike the azure pass subscriptions, the MSDN subscriptions do not have a hard cap and the CC is required to cover any overages.
    • Marked as answer by Mog Liang Tuesday, March 8, 2011 9:36 AM
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 1:49 PM

All replies

• you are required to provide a credit card or the MSDN subscription benefits. This is because unlike the azure pass subscriptions, the MSDN subscriptions do not have a hard cap and the CC is required to cover any overages.
    • Marked as answer by Mog Liang Tuesday, March 8, 2011 9:36 AM
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 1:49 PM
  • As of now any new MSDN subscription are created with a CAP so that developers cannot go over the free usage.  The downside is that to implement this any instances you have when you go over your limit will be deleted and you will have to redploy anything you had running under your Azure account. This should not be an issue for a pure development use.

That being said, you can turn this limit off but if you do you will be billed for any overages.  By doing so you can deploy a live site, mobile services, etc an not be afraid that the site/ services will be shut down use your MSDN subscription to lessen the initial cost of going live with the site (you only pay for overages).  IMO you would only want to do this if the site / mobile services were revenue generating for you. I would not do this for a free site I wanted to be hosted, since there are many .Net hosting services you can get to host a site and single SQL Database for  $10-$15 a month.

Monday, September 10, 2012 8:33 PM