Blend for Visual Studio 2012 RC No designer available... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I just loaded a complete Silverlight 5 project in Visual Studio 2012 RC which works perfectly.  Now when I use the Open in Blend from VS,
    It opens Blend for Visual Studio 2012 RC however there's nothing I can do in there.  It's just opening the xaml in text but everything is disabled,  No designer nothing works did I miss a chapter ?

Marcheur extrême...

• Edited by GearWorld Saturday, July 21, 2012 11:44 PM
    Saturday, July 21, 2012 11:44 PM

Answers

• Sorry if I wasn't clear:

For SL5, there is the Blend Preview for SL5, which is a preview version, not a fully supported released version.

There is currently no version of Blend that supports WPF 4.5 projects released.

The only currently released designer for WPF 4.5 is in VS.

• Marked as answer by GearWorld Tuesday, July 24, 2012 2:46 PM
    Tuesday, July 24, 2012 2:04 PM

All replies

• That version of blend that comes with VS 2012 RC does not work with Silverlight 5. I think it is metro only. You will need to use the Blend for Silverlight 5 preview.

Seems that blend is getting pretty far behind. We are still at preview for Silverlight 5. WPF 4.5 isn't even supported. When are we going to get a new version of blend.

Sunday, July 22, 2012 3:40 AM
  • And sadly I saw that none of blend Works for SL 5 and .NET 4.5 and Just figure out that the only way was using the VS designer which is pretty bad and hard to work with.  Hope for a Blend version that support SL and the new Framework soon.

• Edited by GearWorld Sunday, July 22, 2012 12:03 PM
    Sunday, July 22, 2012 12:02 PM
  • Like was said above, you need to use Blend Preview for SL5.

The designer in VS 2012 RC is based on the same designer as in Blend, and is much improved from past releases. Hopefully it can meet your needs.

Monday, July 23, 2012 2:24 PM
  • Like was said above, you need to use Blend Preview for SL5.

The designer in VS 2012 RC is based on the same designer as in Blend, and is much improved from past releases. Hopefully it can meet your needs.

Using Blend Preview for SL5 isn't working as it says that the solution isn't supported.  Don't forget that my app is now .NET 4.5 on VS 2012 RC so trying to open it in Blend Preview for SL5 is not working.

The VS designer is no match against Blend.  Sorry if you think that it was improved,  I believe you but working on VS instead of Blend is like driving a Lada instead of a Ferrari.

We absolutely need Blend to be fully integrated with VS 2012 to develop SL 5 apps and who knows what the future will be.

• Edited by GearWorld Tuesday, July 24, 2012 12:08 AM
    Tuesday, July 24, 2012 12:06 AM
  • Sorry if I wasn't clear:

For SL5, there is the Blend Preview for SL5, which is a preview version, not a fully supported released version.

There is currently no version of Blend that supports WPF 4.5 projects released.

The only currently released designer for WPF 4.5 is in VS.

• Marked as answer by GearWorld Tuesday, July 24, 2012 2:46 PM
    Tuesday, July 24, 2012 2:04 PM
  • Thank you

Marcheur extrême...

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 2:46 PM