Pausing The Video Stream RRS feed

• Question

• Hey, this is more a request rather than question targeted at the Microsoft Silverlight developers. I'm building a Silverlight application that is streaming live video from a server, and when I stop the video, the video stops streaming no problem. But when users goto pause the video, for some reason Silverlight is still streaming the video! Unlike windows media player, which would halt the stream on pause, and when the user would goto pick up where they left off and play the video again they wouldn't have to wait for a buffer. With Silverlight it seems my only option is, when the user attempts to pause the video, stop the stream, but then when they goto pick up where they left off it's going to buffer again, and I'm trying to avoid this. The main reason I don't want the video constantly streaming when they pause, is because their video stream is being logged to see how long they're watching the video via a server-side script. If anyone could shed any light on this issue, or if any Microsoft developers could look into making a fix for this in the next Silverlight release, it would be greatly appreciated.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 1:22 PM

All replies

• Are you hosting your videos or are you using the live service? I don't seem to have any problems with pause. Tongue Tied I host my videos on Windows Media Server.

Monday, July 23, 2007 7:27 AM