Question about Bing Translate for business RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have reviewed a bunch of online language translation services, and Bing Translate comes up on top. We are considering using Bing Translate in our in-house application to allow users across geographies to translate text to English and back. I have the following questions :-

1. Is there a business version of B.T. that allows me to surpass the number of request limitations ?

2. Does Bing Translate operate over HTTPS ?

2. The users will be translating sensitive business data. Does Microsoft store this data for indexing or any other purposes, or does it process the request and throw away the data.

Can you please help me find answers to the above questions.

Many Thanks.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 4:59 PM

Answers

• Hi Sam,

Glad to hear of your interest. Please send an email to mtlic@microsoft.com for full commercial licensing information. To answer the question about HTTPS, yes - you can call the API over SSL.

thanks!

Vikram Dendi, Group Product Manager
    Microsoft Translator
    • Marked as answer by Vikram Dendi Tuesday, June 28, 2011 6:57 AM
    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 6:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Sam,

Glad to hear of your interest. Please send an email to mtlic@microsoft.com for full commercial licensing information. To answer the question about HTTPS, yes - you can call the API over SSL.

thanks!

Vikram Dendi, Group Product Manager
    Microsoft Translator
    • Marked as answer by Vikram Dendi Tuesday, June 28, 2011 6:57 AM
    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 6:49 AM
  • Vikram, We use your translation web service for fairly sensitive material. Please let me know if text translated this way is indexed and searchable. Thanks, Dov Goldman Director & Product Marketing Manager Navigant Consulting, Inc.
    Tuesday, June 18, 2013 1:17 PM