Assignments and Tasks RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am fairly new to Project online. I am trying to figure out how another resource besides the default assignment owner can see the Tasks/assignments as well. I want another group such as Project Manger and/or Portfolio Managers to see all the tasks on their Project or all projects and see who it is assigned to and the assignment due dates. This way they can see all tasks in one place and monitor their projects.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tanbirul

Monday, June 10, 2019 3:00 PM

Answers

• Tanbirul_islam --

The project managers can see all of the resource assignment information using the Resource Usage view in the Microsoft Project schedule.  To see the resource assignments on all projects, a project manager should do the following in Project Web App:

1. Navigate to the Resource Center page and select the checkboxes for the resources of interest.
    2. In the Resources ribbon, click the Resource Assignments button.

To see all resource assignments in all projects for all resources would require a custom report.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, June 10, 2019 4:48 PM

All replies

• Tanbirul_islam --

The project managers can see all of the resource assignment information using the Resource Usage view in the Microsoft Project schedule.  To see the resource assignments on all projects, a project manager should do the following in Project Web App:

1. Navigate to the Resource Center page and select the checkboxes for the resources of interest.
    2. In the Resources ribbon, click the Resource Assignments button.

To see all resource assignments in all projects for all resources would require a custom report.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, June 10, 2019 4:48 PM
  • Thank you so much!!
    Monday, June 10, 2019 5:41 PM