Master Detail on Android (Prism) - Accessing Camera via Detail disables Hamburger Menu button RRS feed

• Question

• User384560 posted

HI,

I have a MasterDetail Page with a button to access the Camera or Gallery on several of the Detail Pages. I'm noticing that upon exiting the Camera/Gallery the Hamburger Menu button is disabled and the only way to access the Menu is by swiping from the left of the screen.

Has anyone come across this behaviour and found a workaround?

Thanks in advance

Friday, November 8, 2019 4:01 PM

Answers

• User384560 posted

FYI I've identified the cause if anyone else comes across this. I had the following in OnResume:

protected override void OnResume()
        {
            Android.Support.V7.Widget.Toolbar toolbar = this.FindViewById<Android.Support.V7.Widget.Toolbar>(Resource.Id.toolbar);
            SetSupportActionBar(toolbar);

base.OnResume();
        }

Moving back in to OnCreate has solved.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, January 24, 2020 9:29 AM

All replies

• User384560 posted

Bump

Thursday, December 5, 2019 12:35 PM
  • User384560 posted

Hi there, so I've tried adding a Button in the TitleView of the Detail Page to Open the Master Menu as explained on the following link:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45267942/how-to-show-menu-in-masterdetail-page-when-using-prism-and-custom-title-bar

The original Hamburger Menu still appears though. Does anyone know how to hide/remove this?

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 6:07 PM
  • User384560 posted

FYI I've identified the cause if anyone else comes across this. I had the following in OnResume:

protected override void OnResume()
        {
            Android.Support.V7.Widget.Toolbar toolbar = this.FindViewById<Android.Support.V7.Widget.Toolbar>(Resource.Id.toolbar);
            SetSupportActionBar(toolbar);

base.OnResume();
        }

Moving back in to OnCreate has solved.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, January 24, 2020 9:29 AM