Why I cannot work with the TFS???? RRS feed

• Question

• I am using VS 2013 and whenever I am trying "Disconnect from TFS" it automatically closes the Solution and projects. WHY?

What if I nee to work disconnected? How can I connect to another server (for example to move my solution there)?

Friday, February 14, 2014 2:16 AM

Answers

• When using the "Disconnect from TFS" button in the team menu, all windows that are linked to the TFS server in question are closed, this includes the active solution.  I understand where your confusion is coming from.

Use File -> Source Control -> Advanced -> Change source control to remove the bindings to the current TFS instance (unbind).

To work disconnected, just unplug your network connection and re-open your solution. Visual Studio now uses a Local Workspace by default, which doesn't need an explicit "Go Offline".

If you're still using a Server Workspace, you don't need to explicitly disconnect from TFS either, if Visual Studio cannot connect to the server when opening the solution it will go offline automatically. The next time you connect to the server it will show the "Go Online" dialog.

My blog: blog.jessehouwing.nl

• Marked as answer by O'Leg Friday, February 14, 2014 11:49 PM
    Friday, February 14, 2014 12:51 PM

All replies

• When using the "Disconnect from TFS" button in the team menu, all windows that are linked to the TFS server in question are closed, this includes the active solution.  I understand where your confusion is coming from.

Use File -> Source Control -> Advanced -> Change source control to remove the bindings to the current TFS instance (unbind).

To work disconnected, just unplug your network connection and re-open your solution. Visual Studio now uses a Local Workspace by default, which doesn't need an explicit "Go Offline".

If you're still using a Server Workspace, you don't need to explicitly disconnect from TFS either, if Visual Studio cannot connect to the server when opening the solution it will go offline automatically. The next time you connect to the server it will show the "Go Online" dialog.

My blog: blog.jessehouwing.nl

• Marked as answer by O'Leg Friday, February 14, 2014 11:49 PM
    Friday, February 14, 2014 12:51 PM
  • Quite inconvenient:)

Thank you for explanation

Friday, February 14, 2014 11:49 PM