none
GFI Software Firewall NDIS IM Filter Miniport RRS feed

• Question

• I've got this error message:

'Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter - GFI Software Firewall NDIS IM Filter Miniport
    This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

An object ID was not found in the file.'

When I tried to update he driver, still from the Control Panel, it said the driver was up to date.

I couldn't find either a site to download this driver or any clue to fix the issue.
    I run Windows 8.1 64 bit on a Samsung laptop. 

What to do?
    Thanks.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 4:50 AM

Answers

• Contact the manufacturer of the driver

-Brian

Azius Developer Training www.azius.com Windows device driver, internals, security, & forensics training and consulting. Blog at www.azius.com/blog

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 10:06 PM

All replies

• Contact the manufacturer of the driver

-Brian

Azius Developer Training www.azius.com Windows device driver, internals, security, & forensics training and consulting. Blog at www.azius.com/blog

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 10:06 PM
  • This is a Microsoft driver.

• Edited by George XY Wednesday, September 30, 2015 4:37 AM
    Wednesday, September 30, 2015 4:35 AM
  • I don't believe it is. I think it is from www.gfi.com, and is part of their LanGuard product

-Brian

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 6:04 PM
  • I couldn't find it on that website, sent them a query. Thanks.
    Thursday, October 1, 2015 4:31 AM
  • In case somebody else encounters the same issue:

It turned out eventually that this software belongs to Vipre. I have no idea how it got into my laptop. For instructions how completely remove it:

http://support.vipreantivirus.com/support/solutions/articles/1000070702-how-to-manually-remove-vipre-antivirus-or-vipre-internet-security

I couldn't have found it out without advice from GFI which, in turn, I wouldn't have asked without your help Brian. Thank you so much.

• Edited by George XY Friday, October 2, 2015 5:14 AM
    Friday, October 2, 2015 5:11 AM