none
there was no endpoint listening at RRS feed

• Question

• hi everyone,

i'm creating w windows store app using visual studiio 2013 and  i'm trying to connect it with the database created with sql server 2012 via web service (wcf) but when i run the app it gives me the error "there is no endponit listening at..."

could anyone hel me??? it's urgent

thanks for advance

Thursday, March 27, 2014 4:10 PM

Answers

• The SQL Server requires a service to be running (MSSQL).  It can either be started automatically or manually.  You can check the task manager to see if the service has been started or use SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).

I would start by opening up SSMS and see if you can login to the database.  SSMS will give an error if the service isn't started.  If it doesn't give an error, than your connect statement is incorrect in your application.  The SQL instance in the SSMS login window should match the instance of the database in your connection statement in you application.

If you get an error while login to the SSMS then open the SQL Server Configuration Manager and change the setting for the SQL Server to either  manually start or automatic start.

jdweng

Friday, March 28, 2014 3:16 AM