Lab Environment Workflow Capability Error ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm working with the Lab Center functionality.  I have a virtual environment running Windows Server 2003, that has TFS 2010 (w/ service pack) installed.

I have seem some very random behavior w/ respect to the Workflow Capability status being (Not Ready / Ready).  It seems like the status is random at times when I start the environment.

I did notice the following (in the case when the status remains Not Ready....

When I connect to the environment PC, sometimes I'll get a message saying that a service failed during startup.  When I check the Event Viewer, I see:

"The lab agent service encountered the following error while registering exceptions in Windows Firewall for services:  There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper".

When I check the Windows Firewall settings, they are disabled due to domain policy, however, there are exceptions for Microsoft VS TF Build Services, and VS Test Service listed.

When I open up the TF Admin Console, and inspect the Agent, the status says "Ready", but, the icon shows that it is stopped.  If I inspect the properties, it says:

"Build agent status is unavailable.... There was no endpoint listening at http://...... that could accept the message".

Sometimes, I can get around this if i click "Test Connection", and then my Workflow Capability magically works again.

I don't understand the inconsistent behavior I am seeing.  Any body have any ideas?

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 5:51 PM

Answers