How to show ToolStripMenuItem's hot key? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I used ToolStripMenuItem to create my ContextMenu, but all of menuitems' hot key (the "_") will not be shown, when I used "Menu Key" in keyboard to show it. But these keys can be used.

For example, a menuItem named "Show Option Dialog", I think it should be shown like "Show Option Dialog", but it not. I already set the menuitem's text as "&Show Option Dialog", what's the reason?

How can I make these under line show in my ToolStripMenuItems?

Thanks
    -Bill
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 7:17 AM

Answers

All replies

• hi,

you need to press ALT in order to see the _ sign. And also you can check this link below for showing this character without pressing alt key.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/68f8a417-5dca-416b-93d5-8c2ccc5771e5/
    • Proposed as answer by Jing0 Thursday, December 24, 2009 2:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jing0 Thursday, December 24, 2009 1:23 PM
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 7:32 AM
  • Thanks, but I mean the ContextMenu, not the Menubar Menu. I found most of ContextMenu will be closed, when you click Alt Key. Only "Menu Key" can active it to show "_" in menuitems. But in my application, it is no used.

Thanks,
    -Bill
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 7:40 AM
  • Hi,

I think you’d better try this setting:

control pannel-> easy of access center ->  make the keyboard easier to use-> make it easier to use keyboard shutcuts->underline keyboard shortcuts and access keys

It works on my side.

Provided by XiongXiong2007 in this thread

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/winforms/thread/bdcf8600-13b0-4353-8fbb-3296b24488d4/

This is what @SYSTEM.IO suggested.

Best regards,

Ling Wang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Jing0 Thursday, December 24, 2009 1:23 PM
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 9:56 AM
  • Yes, after modifing the system setting, it can show the underline, but it doesn't solve the issue radically. We can't ask all of our customs to change their system settings. Is it right?

In fact, I want to know how to solve this issue by coding.

Thanks.
    Friday, December 25, 2009 1:55 PM