none
project server 2010: using the queueupdateproject method for a dataset that has more than 1000 rows RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to update a project plan using the PSI. I am first reading the project using the readproject method then updating the projectdataset then submitting the updates using the queueupdateproduct. I am getting the ProjectExceededItemsLimit Error. I know this is because the projectdataset contains more than 1000 rows but I can not figure out how to update the project! Can anyone guide me as to how you can update a project with more than 1000 rows in the dataset. I am for sure not updating this many rows at once. I only need to update around 100 rows in the projectdataset but I don't know how to isolate the updated rows from the complete projectdataset in order to send it as a parameter in the queueupdateproject.

Thanks,
    George

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 11:31 AM

Answers

• George:

That I have done in the past was create two datasets one read, one for the write.  Fill one with the data from the Project Server Web Service (read dataset).  Find the records that need to be updated, copy the datarows from the read data set to the write dataset.  As you are filling the write dataset count the number of rows.  Once you get to like 800 rows in the write dataset or so submit that dataset to the PSI web service, if needed continue this process until complete.

Remember you don't have to submit the whole dataset for a update you only need t submit the datarows that have changes.

Hope this helps

Ray McCoppin

WWW.RandSmanagement.com

2010 Project Server Archive Tool

Ray McCoppin
    • Marked as answer by geo_d Thursday, May 19, 2011 5:10 AM
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 12:16 AM

All replies

• Why don't you go with the Project professional to update the same.
    Regards, Sujit - MCTS
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 6:12 AM
  • George:

That I have done in the past was create two datasets one read, one for the write.  Fill one with the data from the Project Server Web Service (read dataset).  Find the records that need to be updated, copy the datarows from the read data set to the write dataset.  As you are filling the write dataset count the number of rows.  Once you get to like 800 rows in the write dataset or so submit that dataset to the PSI web service, if needed continue this process until complete.

Remember you don't have to submit the whole dataset for a update you only need t submit the datarows that have changes.

Hope this helps

Ray McCoppin

WWW.RandSmanagement.com

2010 Project Server Archive Tool

Ray McCoppin
    • Marked as answer by geo_d Thursday, May 19, 2011 5:10 AM
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 12:16 AM
  • Thanks Ray, thats exactly how I solved my problem. I should have posted it when I figured it out. Thanks again.
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 5:10 AM
  • Example?
    Thursday, June 30, 2016 8:07 PM