none
Application Insights "Group by" menu drop down on portal won't clear RRS feed

• Question

• I have a new Windows Application that I am adding Application Insights to. I have the events coming in just fine. For most of the events, I can query, and can even create charts based on the custom data.

My problem is that when creating a chart, not all entries are in the drop down. This drop down has 65 properties that AppInsights must have added at some point. There were not specifically added. 

We have a main AppInsights that takes all events. We've also created a AppInsight for development. The list of custom properties in the drop down between the two is different. The source code is the same. It makes me suspect that there is some process that creates the drop down contents based on the incoming data. The problem here is that the code has changed, and some properties are no longer available. 

Using the development AppInsights portal, the "missing" custom properties are available. They are not available in the main AppInsights portal.

We want to eliminate the outdated values from the main drop down list, and add the new ones. I am perfectly happy just deleting the entire list. Is there a way to do this?

Brad Thompson

Monday, September 21, 2015 10:37 PM

Answers