Coded UI RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am running my coded UI script VIA CMD and at one place i am using "net use " to login and upload a file in an intranet web site, it is working on local but when i am running the same batch file in the client environment on the server its not working, i ran separately the "net use " command at the CMD in the client environment and it is giving me the below error. i am running the CMd as "Run as Administrator".

System error 67 has occurred

The network name cannot be found

Thanks

AL

Thursday, March 23, 2017 1:25 PM

All replies

• Hi anish,

Your issue is related to Coded UI Test, the Test Tool in Visual Studio forum is the better place for this issue and I will move it there for you.

Regards

Starain

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 27, 2017 5:23 AM
  • Hi AL,

So you run the coded UI test project in command line with the MStest, am I right?

>>i am using "net use " to login and upload a file in an intranet web site.

How did you really run your tests in command line? Would you please share us more detailed steps, we often use the mstest.exe in Visual studio command prompt. Which VS version did you use?

During you playback your test in client environment, which steps generate this issue? Based on the error, it seems that it was the network issue, as you said that it will upload a file in your test, whether it could really find the files and upload it manually in your browser if it is the website app, for example, could you test it manually in your UI before you run your test automatically?

If I have misunderstood this issue, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 11:09 AM
  • Hi Jack,

Thanks for the reply...

I am running the script VIA batch file, in the bacth file i have used "net use" command to to access the intranet site of sharepoint and where i am coping the file. by using the below mention command.

net use y: https://URL /user:domain\userName password
    copy PathOf The File y:\

The above command is running properly on my local system, this command is only giving me the error if i run this on any server, I also find the clarification for this , Please refer the below link for the clarification.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/875441/you-may-receive-a-the-network-name-cannot-be-found-error-message-when-you-use-the-fully-qualified-domain-name-to-connect-to-a-remote-computer-from-a-windows-server-2003-based,-windows-xp-based-or-windows-2000-based-computer

Yes by manually i am able to upload the file.

Can you provide me any alternative command to accomplish this tasks.

Thanks

AL 

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 6:18 AM
  • Hi AL,

Thanks for your friendly response.

Maybe I still misunderstood this issue, but since this forum is to discuss the coded UI test issue, I think we have to narrow down this issue, so I could provide useful information or provide the correct forum for this issue.

Just to make this issue clearly:

(1)You run/call the coded UI test using the bat file.

(2)As you said that "i have used "net use" command to to access the intranet site of sharepoint and where i am coping the file. ", does it mean that before the coded UI test run, you have to copy the file, or I can say that if you copy the file manually, and then run the coded UI test singly, the tests run normally, am I right?

If I have misunderstood this issue, please feel free to let me know.

But like my step 2, if the real issue is that it couldn't copy the file in "net use" command before you run the test, my understanding is that it would be not the test script issue. It would be related to the "net use" command line or SharePoint site or others.

Based on the error messages, I found a KB and a thread which shared some suggestions:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/843156/you-receive-a-system-error-67-has-occurred-the-network-name-cannot-be-found-error-message-in-windows-server-2003

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/9c429bef-edf0-4bad-83a3-644e6ba28ea8/net-use-system-error-67?forum=winservergen

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support

Friday, March 31, 2017 10:25 AM