Using Windows 10 and VS15 and Lightswitch Issues RRS feed

• Question

• I have Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 4 with VS15 and a very simple Lightswitch desktop application. The build is clean but nothing runs. Am I expecting too much?

• Edited by desm42 Sunday, December 27, 2015 11:03 PM
    Sunday, December 27, 2015 11:02 PM

Answers

• It's a bit of a pain, but you can get to your app by looking for the IIS Express icon in your system tray, right clicking on it and it will let you navigate to its home page. Once it comes up, add /HTMLClient to the end of the address and hit Enter. Your app will pop up like it did before. Not sure how to make that into a permanent fix, but that will at least get you going.

Regards,

R. T. Watkins

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, January 7, 2016 1:58 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, January 7, 2016 1:58 AM
    Monday, December 28, 2015 1:45 PM

All replies

• I have a similar problem, but have not had time to figure out if it is Windows 10, Visual Studio or the combination of the two. We are using an LOB app that I built using LightSwitch in VS 2013, on a new machine I have Windows 10 ver. 1511 (build 10586) and Visual Studio 2015 Update 1. The desktop application launches, flashes on the screen and then disappears. You can see it in the taskbar and in task manager but the user interface is not visible on screen. The application is fine because all my other users running Windows 8.1 have no problem. I had no problem until I updated Windows 10 and put Visual Studio 2015 on the machine. Unfortunately I don't know which of those things is the cause of my problem. After seeing this post I'm thinking that it may be VS 2015.

Dave

Dave Barker

Monday, December 28, 2015 1:58 AM
  • It's a bit of a pain, but you can get to your app by looking for the IIS Express icon in your system tray, right clicking on it and it will let you navigate to its home page. Once it comes up, add /HTMLClient to the end of the address and hit Enter. Your app will pop up like it did before. Not sure how to make that into a permanent fix, but that will at least get you going.

Regards,

R. T. Watkins

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, January 7, 2016 1:58 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, January 7, 2016 1:58 AM
    Monday, December 28, 2015 1:45 PM
  • Maybe I misunderstood the first person's post but my issue is not with an HTML client but a "desktop" (Silverlight) client.

Dave

Dave Barker

Monday, December 28, 2015 2:58 PM
  • I am having the same problem with the desktop client. The first thing I had to do was update the Office tools, that fixed some of the problems. I found the Office update in the list of available update (flag at the top right of VS). Now I get the Silverlight Developer runtime is not installed. I installed it but still getting the msg.

Also it appears the SQL 2012 SP3 breaks LS. I am going to create another post to explain my findings.

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 5:14 AM