none
XAML Design View for Office Add-in RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to start XAML Design View for developing an Office Add-in using C-Sharp?  I was able to do that once before but I can't replicate it.

I was working on the Design tab but accidentally deleted it.  Unfortunately, "Ctrl + Z" did not "undo" the delete.  I have even re-installed VS2015 in attempt to start over from scratch but that hasn't worked either.

Thanks,

Mark

Monday, September 21, 2015 10:36 AM

Answers

• Have you found the answer to the initial question?
    • Marked as answer by Maj_O Thursday, September 24, 2015 9:48 AM
    Wednesday, September 23, 2015 4:22 PM

All replies

• Hello Maj,

Are you talking about the Ribbon designer? If so, you need to double click on the Ribbon.cs file to get it opened. 

See Walkthrough: Creating a Custom Tab by Using the Ribbon Designer for more information. 

Monday, September 21, 2015 12:47 PM
  • Be careful not to confuse old style VSTO add-ins with modern 'store' add-ins. The modern style of add-in are effectively web applications so do not support XAML. They are written in HTML so you can use any HTML editor you like. http://dev.office.com
    Monday, September 21, 2015 4:06 PM
  • Hello Eugene,

Yes, I was talking about the Ribbon designer.  But your response, "See Walkthrough: Creating a Custom Tab by Using the Ribbon Designer," inspired me to continue researching.  Finally I was able to replicate adding the Ribbon Designer by using the following technique. 

1. Open a "New Project"
    2. Open the "Solution Explorer"
    3. In the Solution Explorer, Right click the project name
    4. Select "Add" from the menu
    5. Then select "Ribbon (Visual Designer)"

I'm new to VS and not familiar enough with it to have figured out without your help.  Thanks for understanding my novice question. 

Maj

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 10:31 AM
  • Have you found the answer to the initial question?
    • Marked as answer by Maj_O Thursday, September 24, 2015 9:48 AM
    Wednesday, September 23, 2015 4:22 PM