Hosting Your Starter Kit RRS feed

• Question

• User-1077151807 posted
    I was wondering where people hosted their club starter kit.

Sunday, March 4, 2007 9:57 PM

All replies

• User1498347186 posted

Remember,to host any starter kit,your hostting provider should support ASP.NET 2.0.

Download Link :http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vwd/starterkit/#club

Let me know if you need any help with any of the Starter kits.

Tuesday, March 6, 2007 8:38 PM
  • User523970105 posted

Besides asp.net 2.0, I recommend finding a hosting company that supports AJAX.  Although it isn't required for the original Club Site, it won't be long before you'll want to add some new feature that uses AJAX.  For example, I've already added AJAX tabs to my site and I'll probably add an accordian soon.

I'm using GoDaddy.com, and I've seen webhost4life mentioned quite a bit.  I know that GoDaddy has asp.net 2.0 and AJAX (finally!).  I don't know if webhost4life has AJAX yet.

Some hosting companies are "easier" to work with than others, particularly regarding asp.net and the starter kits.  GoDaddy hasn't been the easiest, but I managed to get everything working (with the help of others in this forum) - and they were lowest in cost by a noticable margin when I was searching for a host.  Since my site is for a non-profit organization, the money aspect was a huge driver.

Wednesday, March 7, 2007 9:12 AM
  • User-1563988197 posted
    I chose UltimaHosts b/c of their full-trust support... and their prices aren't so bad for the value. You have a lot of control with Ulima.
    Saturday, March 10, 2007 4:19 PM
  • User1272303263 posted

I chose UltimaHosts b/c of their full-trust support... and their prices aren't so bad for the value. You have a lot of control with Ulima.

Hello zowens, could you kidly send me your website address, i would like to see the speed of your site on ultima.

paggy4u

Sunday, March 11, 2007 1:25 AM
  • User-80939892 posted

I like www.aspnix.com

They are up-to date (AJAX 1.0 & MSSQL2005), reliable, affordable, good support and good bandwidth.

Check out my club site... www.jeromessite.com

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 2:17 PM
  • User-1563988197 posted

Hello zowens, could you kidly send me your website address, i would like to see the speed of your site on ultima.

paggy4u

Yea... http://eagleenvision.net

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 5:54 PM
  • User65710823 posted

Hi Alex,

I read your post on the ASP.net forum about where to host your club site.

I have a site that I just got up and running (www.DisciplesOnDirt.com) using the club starter kit and I am hosting it through  www.MarValUS-Domains-Hosting.com

You'll find GREAT packages at GREAT rates.

Domains starting at $1.99 and hosting as low as $3.19/month - AND - a 5% discount on orders over $25 if you use Promo Code 5NC25.

Hope this info helps.  Good Luck.

Friday, March 16, 2007 3:00 AM