facing issue in deploying itineraries - unable to configure esb.config RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am working on itineraries with Orchestrations and followed the below mentioned step

1. Create simple schemas for Msg1, Msg2
    2. Create Maps to be used in Orchestration, between Msg1 -> Msg2. Deploy these maps so that they are visible in Itinerary designer.
    3. Create Orchestration1 which receives Msg1. Add Receive shape to receive Msg1 using Direct binding and use the filters as shown below.
    4. Add reference to the following schemas and create a filter as below.
    Microsoft.Practices.ESB.Itinerary
    Microsoft.Practices.ESB.Itinerary.Schemas
    5. Sign the assembly and build it & GAC it. We will update the orchestration after completing the Itinerary.
    6. Open ESB.Config file which in the ESB Toolkit installation folder and add two configurations as below under “ItineraryServices”

<itineraryService id=” ″ name=”MyOrchestration1″ type=”Itineraries.Orchestrations.Orchestration1, Itineraries.Orchestrations, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=08cc287fde27369a” scope=”Orchestration”  stage=”None” />

My doubt is what value i have to give to this itineraryservice id..from where i can check this id and assign it over here ??

Its urgent...stuck due to this 

Thanxs in Advance

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 8:56 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

The id actually is a new generated GUID, you have to Create GUID Tool in Visual Studio and assign it.

You can also refer: Create GUID (guidgen.exe)

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 9:01 AM
  • Thanxs for the update Rachit but i have one doubt

Suppose in my project there are multiple orchestrations which i want to you in that itineraries than in that case i have to create GUID for each orchestration or this GUID will be created for the complete project?

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 9:13 AM
  • It will be unique for each orchestration. For each itineraryService entry in the itineraryServices section in esb.config you have to assign new GUID.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 9:17 AM
  • Thanxs Rachit
    Tuesday, January 10, 2017 9:36 AM
  • Hi Rachit,

One small help 

<itineraryService id=” ″ name=”MyOrchestration1″ type=”Itineraries.Orchestrations.Orchestration1, Itineraries.Orchestrations, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=08cc287fde27369a” scope=”Orchestration”  stage=”None” />

This piece of code works fine for one single orchestration. I am trying to use it for multiple orchestration like this:

<itineraryService id=” ″ name=”MyOrchestration1″ type=”Itineraries.Orchestrations.Orchestration1, Itineraries.Orchestrations, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=08cc287fde27369a” scope=”Orchestration”  stage=”None” />

<itineraryService id=” ″ name=”MyOrchestration2″ type=”Itineraries.Orchestrations.Orchestration2, Itineraries.Orchestrations, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=08cc287fde27369a” scope=”Orchestration”  stage=”None” />

But it is not working.It is giving exception esbconfig threw excption

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 10:14 AM
  • I don't understand which part of the code above throws error for you.

Below code should work perfectly fine.

<itineraryService id="2082D41A-85FE-4302-8125-29DDD1EAD76F" name="MyOrchestration1" type="Itineraries.Orchestrations.Orchestration1, Itineraries.Orchestrations, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=08cc287fde27369a" scope="Orchestration"  stage="None" />

<itineraryService id="678E0AFE-733A-4CF3-9772-E58A6C1E8D9C" name="MyOrchestration2" type="Itineraries.Orchestrations.Orchestration2, Itineraries.Orchestrations, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=08cc287fde27369a" scope="Orchestration"  stage="None" />

Just make sure:

1) itineraryService id - Should be the New GUID create from guidgen.exe tool.

2) name - In the BizTalk Administration Console double click on the orchestration and copy the name and use it.

3) type - In the BizTalk Administration Console double click on the orchestration and copy the assembly properties and use it.

OrchestrationProperties

Refer: http://www.ithero.nl/post/2013/06/02/Creating-a-Custom-Itinerary-Orchestration-Service-for-the-Recipient-List-pattern.aspx

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/17490.esb-toolkit-how-to-create-a-custom-itinerary-messaging-service.aspx

https://masteringbiztalkserver.wordpress.com/2014/12/18/part-3-itineraries-with-orchestrations/

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 10:40 AM