.Net Framework 4 Install on WIndows Server 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• User-1991712009 posted

We carrently have Windows 2008 Server with .Net Framework 1.1.4322 and 2.0.5027 installed.  All existing web applications are old and developed in Visual Studio 2005. It is a SharePoint 2007 server.

I have developed a web application in Visual Studio 2010. Created a Web Site using the command Create -> Web Site by right clicking on Default Web Site in IIS.  When I browse; I get errors because it uses Framework 2 whihc is currently installed on the server.

If I install Framework 4 on this server; would that affect existing old web applications or SharePoint?

Friday, February 1, 2013 8:37 PM

Answers

• User1786833724 posted

if you want to chagne/add applicaiton pool ...

• if you to go to IIS, you may find something in your left pane called 'Application Pools' & 'Sites'.
    • Right Click on 'Application Pools' --> Add Application Pool and you may see a dialog window.
    • In that Give a distinct name to your pool, choose the framework ( On my machine, I have 3 options .NET 2.0 , 4.0 & unmanaged)
    • Select apporopriate .net framwork, that suits you
    • Pipline mode should mostly be 'Integrated' but again go for waht suits your requirements.
    • Next, Go to 'Sites' --> Default Web Site --> Your virtual Directory.

if you do not find your vistual directory you can always go to Visual Studio and can create virtual directory :

there is under the website menu an option that says "Create Virtual Directory".

• if you can find your virtual dirctory, you can always go to your virtual directory --> Right Click --> Manage Application  --> Advanced Settings --> And the first item would be application pool.
    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, February 15, 2013 10:23 AM

All replies

• User-1716253493 posted

You can install another netframework version. This not affect to your current app.

Dont change your current app_pool.

If you want app_pool for the new site, create new net 4 app_pool sparately.

Friday, February 1, 2013 9:12 PM
  • User-1991712009 posted

Could you please give me more details on "Dont change your current app_pool"  and "create new net 4 app_pool"?

Saturday, February 2, 2013 12:10 AM
  • User1786833724 posted

if you want to chagne/add applicaiton pool ...

• if you to go to IIS, you may find something in your left pane called 'Application Pools' & 'Sites'.
    • Right Click on 'Application Pools' --> Add Application Pool and you may see a dialog window.
    • In that Give a distinct name to your pool, choose the framework ( On my machine, I have 3 options .NET 2.0 , 4.0 & unmanaged)
    • Select apporopriate .net framwork, that suits you
    • Pipline mode should mostly be 'Integrated' but again go for waht suits your requirements.
    • Next, Go to 'Sites' --> Default Web Site --> Your virtual Directory.

if you do not find your vistual directory you can always go to Visual Studio and can create virtual directory :

there is under the website menu an option that says "Create Virtual Directory".

• if you can find your virtual dirctory, you can always go to your virtual directory --> Right Click --> Manage Application  --> Advanced Settings --> And the first item would be application pool.
    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, February 15, 2013 10:23 AM