none
Not able to add Recipient Control in outlook custom form RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a outlook custom form that is initialized on a ribbon button click (kinda reporting form within organization). I have a requirement of using the Recipient Control (submission of the request to the user/recipient selected through the recipient control) inside my form region. I tried to drag/drop the Recipient control from the toolbox as well tried to implement it through the designer.cs (_DRecipientControl) but in vein.

Can any one help how I can include the recipient control in my custom form?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Senthil Kumar Mohan

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 3:48 PM

All replies

• Hello Senthil,

Do you develop an Outlook form region or custom form?

See Creating Outlook Form Regions for more information.  

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 11:04 PM
  • Hi Eugene,

I am developing the form using a Form Region. My form type is IPM.NOTE (mail inspector).

Inside the inspector, I need to use the Recipient control. As of now the we are using a text box inside the form region.

Regards,

Senthil Kumar Mohan

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 7:55 AM
  • Hi Senthil,

>> I tried to drag/drop the Recipient control from the toolbox as well tried to implement it through the designer.cs (_DRecipientControl) but in vein.

Do you get any error? I made a test with this, and I got an error “Failed to create component 'AxHost'”. I will try to check why this error happened.

When I create Form Region with Recipient from Outlook, it could be added correctly. I suggest you use it to check whether it could achieve your requirement.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, February 4, 2016 9:42 AM
  • Hi Edward,

I tried the message class with IPM.Contacts but then also I am not able to add the control.

I get the AxHost error for any message class I chose.

By "Form Region with Recipient from Outlook" do you mean that the form region should be generated in outlook and saved as ost file? (My target outlook version is 2010).

Regards,

Senthil Kumar Mohan

Thursday, February 4, 2016 12:47 PM
  • Hi Senthil,

>>By "Form Region with Recipient from Outlook" do you mean that the form region should be generated in outlook and saved as ost file

My original purpose is suggest you to custom Form Region with Recipient in Outlook. I am not sure whether your assume way would work or not without test. I suggest you make a test.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 8:13 AM
  • HI.
    I also need to create my recipient field in my form.
    How can i do this.
    You can share a simple example.
    Thank you.
    Thursday, May 25, 2017 6:00 PM