Validation within this simple application RRS feed

• Question

• Previous developer created, or should i say started to create, a small app to allow user to enter data into the web.config of our application and then upon completion encrypts the data.. all that works.. but now im trying to add some validation to the fields before the encryption occurs.

the application is broken down into 3 xaml files..

MainWindow.xaml this contains a <Window> which has the background set and sized to our specs. Then within it has a <grid> that contains a Frame and 3 buttons for navigation.

ConnectionSetting.xaml this contains a <Page> tag and within it a <grid> tag that contains the fields for connection settings in the file.

ApplicationSettings.xaml this contains a <Page> tag and within it a <grid> tag that contains the fields for the application settings in the file.

Within the code behind of the 2 xaml files that have the fields, i have lostfocus events to indicate when the fields arent completed or incorrect data is entered.. this works fine.. but when i click "Next" it still takes me to the next set of fields, how can i setup the navigation buttons to do validation before showing the next set of fields..

im new to the WPF developement, so bare with me..

Friday, January 6, 2012 6:03 PM

Answers

All replies