App fails WACK Tests : Reason : Crashes and Handgs How to test the app?

Question

• I've created a small app and it is running fine. Now I'm trying it to test it through WACK 3.1 locally. The test starts running, the app loads number of times and shows different pages. I provide input whenever it is necessary. But the WACK fails test each time saying Windows error reporting experienced a crash or hang.

I read through http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/jj657973.aspx#crashes_and_hangs_test link about WACK test kit. I'm running my app and test on 17" laptop, so it is wide enough screen. I'm able to input to the app so I think UAC is enabled.

Now, I can see my app is launching correctly in the WACK test, because I can see first page and then after some time second page too. This pages are seen number of times during one test. But the test shows result as "FAILED".

What can be the reason? OR how do I test the app that requires user input ? What am I missing?

sonal

Monday, February 24, 2014 11:15 PM

Answers

• I suspect Matt (or I :) ) misunderstand the question. You don't need to (and actually cannot) provide input when the certification kit runs. It doesn't test the full functionality of the app: once the user can enter text the responsiveness tests have already completed. See Windows App Certification Kit tests for descriptions of the tests that run and common errors and problems that cause failures for each test. For your case, see the Crashes and hangs test .

--Rob

Thursday, February 27, 2014 2:18 AM
    Owner

All replies