Converting a document to pdf

General discussion

• I'm trying to convert a document to pdf.  Don't care if it's rtf, doc, html, etc.  I know I can't do it with the available controls.  Does anyone know of a third party control, free or not, that would allow me to do this?
    • Changed type Jamles HezModerator Wednesday, August 27, 2014 10:16 AM ask for third party control
    Wednesday, August 20, 2014 11:07 AM

All replies

• Hi, thank you for your answer.  Can you please explain to me how any of the answers in that thread apply to my question, considering this is a windows store app forum and that thread you linked to only applied to desktop oriented apps?
    Wednesday, August 20, 2014 1:24 PM
  • Bump.
    Friday, August 29, 2014 11:26 AM
  • There are multiple SDKs available that allow you to dynamically create PDF documents but I don't know of any that would render an existing document format to PDF and that are available on Windows Phone. I guess the underlying question is if you can create such a rather easy to write document format and have the possibility to convert that to PDF (which dynamically creating would mean that you have to layout it yourself).
    Monday, September 01, 2014 8:10 AM
  • SyncFusion has some capabilities that will allow you to manually create a PDF with pretty simple APIs. I do not believe it will let you directly convert another format to it, though, so you may have to write something that will go between them yourself.
    Monday, September 01, 2014 12:41 PM
  • I wrote some really simple PDF code that generates the PDF manually, rather than using a library

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/lucian/archive/2013/08/15/how-to-generate-pdf-on-windows-phone-in-vb-or-c.aspx

It won't be good for most purposes (e.g. text reflowing, images, ...). But if you have a simple format made up just of fixed-format text, it would be fine.

Monday, September 15, 2014 4:24 PM